�Communication is crucial, for everyone
At I CAN, we unlock potential, improve access to education, empower parents and children to communicate better and work hard to give children a voice. But we cannot do this alone. We need your help to ensure that no child is left out or left behind because of a difficulty speaking or understanding. Whether you would like to fundraise, volunteer, make a donation or campaign, we would love to hear from you.
The generosity of our supporters is crucial in enabling us to reach more children, young people and their families.
Whatever the size of your gift, by partnering with us you will help us ensure that no child is left out or left behind because of a difficulty in speaking or understanding.
If you are interested in making a donation to I CAN, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please get in touch with Emma Derham, our Principal Philanthropy Manager at email@example.com or 020 7843 2532 to discuss the impact of your support.
A true partnership benefits all parties – we look forward to hearing about your CSR and charitable aims and purpose and will work with you to create a bespoke partnership. Working with I CAN will be immersive, unique, uplifting and impactful. Let’s talk!
“Print Data Solutions Ltd (PDS) are extremely proud to have supported I CAN since the start of our relationship in 2008, not only as a supplier but as regular fundraisers, supporting their truly life changing efforts to improve the lives of children experiencing Speech, Language and Communication Needs!”
Grantmakers have always been enormously important to our work: their support has made, and continues to make, a huge contribution to the achievement of our mission that no child should be left behind or be left out because of a difficulty speaking or understanding.
With our Three-Year Plan outlining how we aim to double our reach of children and young people with speech, language and communication difficulties, in your role as funder you have the chance to both spearhead new initiatives and boost the reach and impact of our outstanding “tried and tested” interventions.
If you would like to hear how you can make change happen, contact Lina Santeusanio at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7843 2551.
- Vitality Big Half - are you looking to push your current runs to the next level? Maybe you need to achieve a training milestone ahead of your first/next marathon? Join Team I CAN on a rousing 13.1mile course, starting at the iconic Tower Bridge and finishing at the historic Cutty Sark, Greenwich. Expect brilliant cheering and music throughout on Sunday 1st March 2020 (date TBC - might be moved to Sunday 8th)
- Virgin Money London Marathon – the atmosphere and energy of this event are renowned the world over – no wonder it’s the most coveted marathon globally! Join over 40,000 runners in the mot special run across London town on Sunday 26th April 2020.
- Vitality 10,000 – whether this is your first “longer” run or a milestone towards your next challenge, this 10K run will take you from Trafalgar Square, to St Pauls, Whitehall, the Houses of Parliament and end by Buckingham Palace. Expect superior amenities and entertainment in nearby Green Park, on Bank Holiday Monday 25th May 2020.
- Prudential RideLondon 100 – this event is one of kind! Follow on the tracks of Olympic legends and cycle your way across London and the beautiful Surrey countryside on Sunday 16th August 2020.
- If you are taking part in any other events – swimming, running, cycling, walking and hiking, jumping off planes, you name it! - you can still elect I CAN as your chosen charity. Simply get in touch and we will support you all the same!
Other ways to support I CAN
People everywhere continue to take action so that children and young people with SLCN can find their voice: jumping off planes, climbing mountains, bake sales, rounds of golf. You name it, it’s happening up and down the country. And if fundraising is not your bag, there are other ways for you to help:
- Take action as part of our Bercow: Ten Years On, whether by sharing the report; asking your children’s school about their SCLN provisions; writing to your local MP or putting I CAN and SLCN on your organisation’s agenda, there is always something you can do!
- Your story is powerful; share it with us to help raise awareness and drive change;
- Share your expertise pro-bono so we can do more (and better) to help those who need us;
Whatever you choose to do, it will directly help children and young people with SLCN and their families. So add your voice to ours for children and young people who struggle to communicate.
For general fundraising enquiries, please contact TeamICAN@ican.org.uk